- When did you last make what could be described as a wriggling motion?
I put a t-shirt on backward last week. Then I pulled my arms in from the sleeves and did a weird succession of shoulder movements to turn the shirt around without taking it off. It worked, but it would have been faster just to whip it off and put it back on.
- What never fails to give you the willies?
Roaches. I’m not even kidding. They are the biggest part of the reason I sleep with the lights on even though I hate sleeping with the lights on. It hasn’t always been this way, but I had a few bad experiences a few years ago.
- What’s something you’ve seen on TV or in a movie that made you squirm?
The toilet scene in Trainspotting first made me squirmy, then it made me run to the toilet and throw up. It is one of three films (with The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Loverand The Blair Witch Project) that made me physically ill, as in actually vomit.
- What’s something in your life that could be described as serpentine?
Well. I just watched the final two chapters of The Good Place. That. Times ten.
- Where can you get a really great shake?
I suspect most Hawaii people will say Teddy’s, and a Teddy’s shake is heavenly, but a shake at Big Kahuna’s is a step above, especially the apple pie shake. It’s a shake with a slice of apple pie blended in. Killer.