Lockdown: I wanna rock and roll all nite

I’m (again) writing this much later than usual. Well past mid-day Tuesday.

Monday is almost lost to me. I got a few short hours of sleep, then got up to be available for edits to the proposal. I was in stand-by mode most of the day, although I did make several edits to the document early. Then it was waiting for others to read the document and send me their feedback.

They extended the deadline, sort of. Gave me a bunch of changes. I could have worked on them in the evening, but I was so wrung out I needed to rest. So I didn’t get to work until about midnight Monday night.

For reasons having nothing to do with the proposal itself but my network, I had a lot of problems — the sort where you have to redo work you’ve already done because things crash while you’re working on them. I seriously made some changes five times. Five! Ugh. Finally got it sent to the development officer at about 4:30. I had dinner, then got to work on the Monster.

I worked quickly, so my usual stuff got done in about an hour, fifteen or thirty minutes ahead of normal. I considered not doing it, giving myself the week off, but I couldn’t stand the thought of missing the opportunity to take another chunk out of it.

Didn’t get to bed because by the time I was done at about 6:30, I had an email with supposedly final edits.

But now we’re on Tuesday, and I’ll write about Tuesday later.

Breakfast Monday was the last of the angel hair kimchi leftovers. It wasn’t much, so I’m thinking I must have had something else but I can’t remember what it was. For lunch, I had a few hot dogs with sauerkraut, mustard, and ketchup. The buns I got were terrible. These pricey things that looked (from the labeling) like they weren’t baked to sit on a kitchen counter for two weeks like most supermarket bread is nowadays. They tasted fine; but they were supposedly sliced and they were not. When I sliced them myself, they mostly fell apart. I ate my hot dogs with a knife and fork.

Dinner at 4:30 in the morning was the kale-broccoli-chicken rice with some canned corned beef hash over it. So bad but so good.

Didn’t go for a walk.

It was my first work-related all-nighter since early last fall. Last Monday I was up working until well past sunrise as well, but at least I went to bed before getting up for work. Yesterday I basically worked all night Sunday and kept going through Monday until early Tuesday, then worked Tuesday without a break until about eight, when I did get a few hours’ sleep since I had vacation for the morning.

I’m not complaining about any of this. I’m happy to have a job. I like the work. It’s a challenge, and I feel myself getting better at it. These are all blessings.

Yet I am mentally and physically taxed to exhaustion, so after I finish typing this, I’m going to bed. With my boss’s blessing.

I texted Crush Girl to ask how her weekend was. We went back and forth for a few minutes. It was nice. Sharon sent me a link to an article about seniors who hang out at Zippy’s. Also nice. Jocelyn sent me some infuriating info about schools reopening in an area near her, the school board blatantly calling the shut-down all kinds of conspiracy theory things in its letter to parents.

There’s more but I can’t find it. This is the state my brain is in. So I’m ending here and going to bed. I hope you’ll reach out if connection has been elusive. It needn’t be, unless you need me in the next couple of hours, because I think I’m going be comatose.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *