Lockdown: Bury my heart and wounded knee

Yay for Saturday.

I didn’t sleep terrifically Friday night, but I did put myself to bed early, so I got plenty of rest even if it wasn’t the best rest. Got up around five and did the Saturday NYT crossword — it was challenging even for a Saturday. Took me thirty-four minutes, more than eleven minutes longer than my Saturday average, but it was a clean solve. Just reeeally tough.

I went back to bed for two and a half hours more, this time hooked up properly to Darth Vader, so that was nice. When I got up I craved Rainbows for breakfast. Boneless chicken with gravy. I must have been hungry because I ate the whole thing, which I almost never do in one meal.

I read the news, did some online window shopping, and watched three episodes of Halt and Catch Fire. Wow. Took a little bit of a nap. Heavenly. Watched the news. So annoying. For lunch I had chili Tater Tots. Not my finest moment, but nothing’s been my finest moment lately.

At around nine, I walked to the School Street bus stop nearest my house and left a bag of about fifteen bottles tied to the trash can. My knee complained most of the way. It’s been really bugging me lately, even without going for walks. But I was out and about, so I kept walking, unsure of how far I wanted to go. I got to Kalakaua Middle School and just did laps of the long, narrow parking lot. It was quiet and safe, and only one other walker passed through while I listened to podcasts and enjoyed the fresh air.

I normally hate walking laps anywhere. For some reason this felt right. I may try it again if I can even walk Sunday. The walk back was rough — I kind of limped most of the way. Not dramatic limping, but definitely not striding in a normal way.

I was pretty hungry when I got back to Kam Shopping Center, so I had a cheeseburger, McChicken sandwich, and Diet Coke for an impromptu dinner. I needed a breather, too, for my knee, although I was worried that if I stopped moving it might lock up or something. It didn’t, but the walk up the hill was unpleasant. I just took three ibuprofens in hopes the knee won’t keep me up all night with its discordant singing.

It was 13,000 steps for the first time in quite a while. I have to say I’m pleased. I’ve been putting on weight like I’m preparing to hibernate, although I can’t imagine why.

I only texted with two people Saturday — Ali and Crush Girl. Ali and I talked about the Honolulu Museum of Art for some reason. It popped into her head and she wanted to know what I thought about it. This led to some nice conversation about art and museums. Crush Girl and I talked about some social media topics. Also a nice conversation, this one while I did my laps of the parking lot.

I didn’t do any real chores and I didn’t read, so I’m going to make it a point to hit those Sunday. I have one more episode of Halt and Catch Fire on this Netflix disc. And some veggies that want to be consumed before the weekend’s up.

It’s only 1:30 in the morning but I’m pretty dang tired. Going to hit it and see if I can have some good sleep and be out of bed before the crack of noon.

Hit me up in the comments if you need some connection. The news gets worse every day and if you’re like me, so does your impatience with the world. Maybe some conversation will help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *