- If you owned a new professional sports team (pick any sport!), what would you name it, and what would be its team colors?
I’d name my new NFL team the Honolulu Vampires. The colors would be black, black, and black with highlights of blood red.
- If you owned a new restaurant, what would you name it, and what kind of cuisine would it serve?
I’d name it Flapjacks and it would be a breakfast spot similar to Cold Stone. You pick your batter, you pick your fillings, and the cutie behind the counter-length griddle makes your pancakes right in front of you. Build-your-own crepes and omelets also available and prepared in front of you.
- If you owned a little independent retail shop, what would you name it, and what would it sell?
It would be fun to run a little book shop specializing in mysteries. I’d call it something like Clues or a Cozy Bookstore.
- If you launched a charity, what would be its cause?
A nonprofit dedicated entirely to helping people pass their U.S. citizenship tests and gain citizenship. A lot of teaching, some counseling and advocacy, and some legal help.
- What kind of recreation is sorely lacking in your town?
I wouldn’t mind seeing the return of the drive-in theater, perhaps somehow amped up a level, maybe with food trucks or neighboring restaurants delivering to your vehicle. Also, racquetball is super difficult to play in this town unless you have access to a military base or membership in a club. It kind of sucks because racquetball is so much fun.